The Emergency Relief Program delivers emergency relief in the form of food or fuel vouchers and education in the following areas:
- Basic budgeting
- Information about ways to build skills to avoid or resolve financial difficulties
- Strengthening your capacity to manage your money
- Understanding concession options
- How to read your bills
- Community No-Interest Loans
- How to save for future expenses
- Cooking on a budget
- Referral to a financial counsellor and other support services.
Emergency Relief is by appointment only and is available only on Monday and Tuesday mornings
(Please call Friday for an appointment the following Monday, call Monday for a Tuesday appointment)
Identification required is an income statement from Centrelink or your MyGov account.
Emergency Relief appointment consists of an Intake and provides assistance with one voucher per household every 3 months with a maximum of 3 visits per year.
For more information or to make an appointment please contact George Street Neighbourhood Centre on (07) 4957 2626
George Street Neighbourhood Centre
4 George St, South Mackay QLD 4740
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services